A company was set up by Mr M Tomlinson to construct a new sports stadium at Kidderminster. Very quickly a share capital of £500 was raised and a site at Aggborough was procured from the Earl of Dudley, at a nominal rent on a long lease. Aggborough Stadium was opened in May 1890, it was the home ground of Kidderminster Harriers FC and had a banked cinder track around the pitch, four laps to the mile. Bicycle racing at Aggborough started as soon as the new stadium opened.
Kidderminster Harriers annual sports were held at the Chester Road cricket pitch from 1883 and then at Aggborough from 1890. The meetings generally included half, one and two miles handicap bicycle races and sometimes a mile local handicap. The Worcester Chronicle of July 26th 1890 reported on the first bicycle racing at Aggborough "This ever popular meeting took place on Saturday on the Harriers' new ground at Aggborough; a cinder track has been laid down..." There were around 4,000 spectators to watch the running and bicycle race.
The other football team in Kidderminster were the Olympic FC and they held their sports at Aggborough on 1890 with the following events; a 1 mile safety, 3 miles ordinary and a 1 mile novices event. The crowd of 1,500 was considered poor. The Olympic merged with Kidderminster Harriers' FC in 1890, to form Kidderminster FC.
The Harriers continued to hold their annual sports for the next twenty years. The last Harriers' sports meeting at Aggborough to include bicycle races was probably the June 20th 1909 meeting where there were three races, a one mile novices handicap and half and one mile open handicap races.
The Kidderminster Royal Severn Cycling Club was formed in 1897 and may have been associated with the local cycle shop - Royal Severn Cycle Depot, New Road, Kidderminster. The Club held their first annual sports on August 21st 1897, the bicycle events were a half and one mile races. The prize for the one mile race was a 22 lb bicycle donated by the Kidderminster Cycle Company. In 1899 a five miles event was added, which was the NCU (Birmingham Centre) Championship. The club continued to promote their open event until 1902 and also ran evening club race meetings.
The Kidderminster and Stourport Carpet Weavers Association held their annual sports at Aggborough and included bicycle races from 1891, usually half, one and two miles handicap races. The event, which raised money for retired carpet weavers, was preceded by a trades procession and had a variety of outdoor entertainments' and finished with a fireworks display. The last Weavers sports were around 1906.
After the Second World War, the running track was replaced by a cycle track. There are almost no references to cycle racing on the track after 1920, although the NCU Racing Handbook in 1952 listed Aggborough as a current stadium; Aggborough Sports Ground, Fine asphaltic macadam, 393 yards, 21 feet wide, banking maximum 3' 6".
In 1989 the cycle track was removed when new end terraces were built for spectators to watch the football matches. Aggborough Stadium is still the home ground of Kidderminster FC.