London - Balham - Manor House School

Clapham Common North Side : SW4 9RU
Byrom House dates back to 1792, it was sold in 1841 and became known as The Beeches. It was sold again 1876 and the Manor House School was founded by Dr F. C. Maxwell. The school buildings were on the North Side between Wix's Lane and Taybridge Road. There were bicycle races here in the early 1880's, the results of which were reported in Wheel World.

The school is now part of the Eaton House Group of Schools and the buildings are still there


Refs     : [131] [150] [307] [308] [p]