The first Athletics Sports meeting at Richmond Deer Park was held on October 9th 1869 and were organised by Richmond Cricket Club. The event included a half mile bicycle race. The spectators, described as the "fashionable company" numbered 2,000 and the race was won "by a resident in Surbiton named J Keen, against whom a protest was entered, as he did not belong to any amateur club". The protest was unsuccessful. John Keen went on to be one of the best cyclists in the world.
The track used at the Old Deer Park seems to have moved by 1882 as the Athletic News reporting on the 29th April 1882 meet there states "many of the competitors were disappointed that the races were not decided on the ground that the Old Richmond' sports were run upon."
In 1885 the Surrey Comet reports an initiative to create a recreation ground at the Old Deer Park for athletic, cycle races, cricket and football. The Athletic News of 1st June 1886 reports on the Richmond Sports meet on the new cinder track set up by the Richmond Athletic Association the Old Deer Park. The racing on the 3 laps to the mile track included one and three miles handicap events. The newspaper commented on the track "considering its recent formation, it was in very fair condition, and if well conditioned, should prove very fast. The corners are easy and well banked up and I understand that it can be engaged for any Saturday throughout the season."
The newly formed Richmond Town Cricket and Athletics Association sports were held on Spring Bank Holiday Monday 1887 and included a one mile bicycle and one mile tricycle handicap races. In 1888 Causton's athletic club held their company sports 3 miles inter-club race.
The Early Closing (Parent) Association held their sports meeting at the Old Deer Park on July 15th 1903 with one and five miles handicap bicycle races.
There seems to have been almost no bicycle racing at the Old Deer Park after 1900.