Middlesbrough - Paradise Grounds

Milton Street : TS5 6BU
In 1885, the Paradise Ground was rented by ex-Middlesbrough FC players who formed Middlesbrough Ironopolis and the club joined the Football League in 1893. A cycle track was built at the Paradise ground in 1891, then Ayesome Park was built in 1893 and the Paradise ground no longer existed. The NW corner of the site was used to build Ayresome Park and the remainder used for housing.


Refs     : [99] [102] [p]