The County Cricket Ground dates from the 1880's when a cricket field was set up and used by Northampton County Cricket Club. In 1897 Northampton Town FC started to share the ground. It is the only three sided ground in the football league.
The Northampton & County Amateur Athletic Club held a meeting at the County Cricket Ground on August 7th 1900 which was reported by the Northampton Daily Reporter of 1st Aug 1900. The meeting included the NCU (Northampton) Championship, a schools championship and a bicycle polo match. Admission was 6d with the stand an extra 3d.