Worcester Bicycle Club was established in 1877 and the club purchased a piece of ground in Hylton Road between Tybridge Street and the railway embankment, where they constructed a cinder racing path, 315 yards long and three yards wide. The ground was formally opened with a bicycle race meeting on July 4th 1878. There was a three miles handicap race for club members, a slow race for members and a one mile handicap race open to all amateurs living within three miles of Worcester'. The club ran another event later in the year on September 5th 1878 where there was running, jumping and two bicycle races - one and two miles handicap events, both restricted to club riders.
The Worcester BC regularly held competitions at the track in the late 1870s and 1880's, these included their annual sports and some club races.
The Western Ramblers BC held a race meet at Hylton Road on August 13th 1880 with 1 and 10 miles handicap races. There was little interest in the event with less than 80 spectators at the ground. The Ramblers did not hold another race at Hylton Road.
Betting was a concern at sports venues as the Worcester Chronicle of June 25th 1881 reported that the magistrate, when granting a licence to Mr Hughes, the owner of the Golden Hart, to sell refreshments at the ground on race days, warned that Mr Hughes must be careful that there must be no misconduct.
There are no reports of bicycle racing after 1882 and the ground probably closed around this time. The ground is now Hylton Road Retail Park.