Boston Cricket Club held their athletic sports on the cricket ground in Mrs Oldrid's Park in 1880 and 1881. The July 21st 1881 meeting was supported by the Boston Bicycle Club (which had been formed in 1877) with a club race and an open 2 miles handicap race. Attendance was very poor with only 200 spectators.
The Oldrid's family opened a store in Boston in 1804 and still operate stores in the area. Mrs Oldrid's Park was purchased by Boston Corporation in 1919 and became Central Park.