Harlaxton Road was the ground of the Grantham Builders Cricket Club from 1881.
An Old English' sports meeting at Harlaxton Road was advertised for June 25th 1891 with a one mile bicycle race. The Grantham Journal reported that the race took place on a somewhat bumpy course. The first heat was won by Mr Green, off scratch, the only rider on pneumatics but Mr Marshall, off 125 yards won the final race.
In 1888, the Harlaxton ground was acquired by Grantham Rovers Football Club.